2k games finally announced the Remasters rumored for quite some in the form of Bioshock the Collection heading to stores on September 13th 2016 with the international release following just three days later on the 16th.
The Collection will include the original Bioshock, Bioshock 2 and Bioshock Infinite, not only that but it will also include all of the single player DLC for the said titles.The games will be remastered in all of its 1080p and 60 fps glory for the current generation of consoles, impressive as they were originally, this extra coat of paint shall make Rapture even more of a pleasure to explore especially for newcomers who missed out on these game of the year contenders.
While Irrational games may have closed down a while later after releasing the third game in the series Bioshock Infinite, it is clear that the Bioshock franchise is still pretty important to 2k games and gamer’s alike even though don’t expect a new game in the Bioshock franchise anytime soon or ever since the studio was shut down and Kevin Levine left to work on a new project, this collection will hopefully help soften the blow of there being no more games set in Rapture.
You can check out the press release below.
- The video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” featuring Ken Levine, creative director on BioShock and BioShock Infinite and Shawn Robertson, animation lead on BioShock and animation director on BioShock Infinite.
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Walk through a Rapture-inspired virtual museum that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at discarded concepts that never made it into the original game.
- Challenge Rooms: Outside the story of BioShock, tackle puzzles, splicers and Big Daddies. And achievements, of course.
BioShock 2 (Multiplayer not included)
- Minerva’s Den: A self-contained BioShock story, presenting a side of Rapture you’ve never seen before. Use expanded combat abilities with the experimental Ion Laser and chaotic Gravity Well Plasmid, unique to Minerva’s Den, as you face off against the Lancer Big Daddy.
- Protector Trials: Take control of an Alpha Series Big Daddy woken out of hibernation just before the events of BioShock 2.
- Burial at Sea – Episode 1 & 2 Add-On Packs: This major two-part DLC pack completes the BioShock trilogy by taking the series back to where it all began. Return to Rapture just before the events of the original BioShock!
- Clash in the Clouds Add-On Pack: Face 60 waves of challenges across four additional maps for leaderboard glory and unlock areas to explore in The Columbian Archaeological Society hub museum.
- Columbia’s Finest Pack: Combines the contents of the Industrial Revolution Pack and the Upgrade Pack and includes 500 Silver Eagles, five Lock Picks, six unique Gear items, and two weapon upgrades: Comstock’s China Broom Shotgun and Comstock’s Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle.
Bioshock the collection hit’s stores on the 13th of September for the PS4, XBOX One and PC.